& Expo 2020
AGRICON EXPO is an annual event intended to improve the exportation potentials of Nigerian farmers and agripreneurs through the provision of linkage opportunities with international markets and improved awareness on modern farming techniques.
To achieve this objective, the event is carried out in collaboration with State governments, stakeholder organizations such as Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, Nigeria Agricultural Quarantine Service (NAQS), Nigeria Export Promotion Council (NEPC), CBN, Nigeria Custom Service, NAFDAC, SON etc
The event also has in attendance key off-takers from USA, Europe, Asia, Nigeria, and other African countries and features practical demonstration sessions on modern farming techniques by technical experts and agribusiness institutions.
ANNUAL /PERIODIC CONFERENCE AND EXHIBITIONS
- Provision of fora for public and private stakeholders to discuss contemporary agricultural issues
- Exhibition by farm input providers
- Demonstration and display of agricultural value chains and value addition
- Establishing a database of event participants, maintaining contacts and building network
- Publication of reports of the initiative or interventions.
- Collaboration with Governmental and development agencies, NGOs in undertaking projects tailored to specific groups e.g. Women in Agriculture.
- Establishment of dossier of quality resources persons for specialized subjects, e.g. mushroom and hydroponic and greenhouse horticulture.
VIRTUAL MEETINGS AND DIGITAL CONFERENCING
- Webinar presentation seasoned agriculture development administrators, subject matter specialists on contemporary agricultural issues. The conversations include audience participation
- Marketplace expo of farm products and services and talk by inputs suppliers and off-takers
- Live training and demonstration of farming techniques and product value addition.